Binge eating disorder is a very serious eating disorder that requires focused treatment to overcome, especially if it is accompanied by co-occurring disorders.
What is Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating disorder is a disease in which individuals suffer frequent episodes of eating a large amount of food, typically to the point of discomfort. It is also characterized by feelings of shame and guilt following a binging session, as well as the feeling of a loss of control while it is occurring. Unlike other eating disorder patients, people with binge eating disorder usually don’t compensate for the overeating (by purging, for example). This is a serious eating disorder that can be life-threatening. Fortunately, it is treatable.
Like other eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia, binge eating disorder is a medical condition that can result in critical and irreparable health complications. It can be difficult to gain control over binge eating but your physical, mental, and emotional health depends on it.
The professionals at Rosewood have more than a decade of experience with treatment for eating disorders—and the emotional and physical pain that come with it. We take a non-judgmental approach that is holistic and personalized for the unique needs of every patient.
Rosewood Uses an Individualized 5-Goal Process for Binge Eating Disorder Treatment
Our approach at Rosewood is always to personalize each patient’s binge eating disorder treatment plan in ways that respond to their individual needs. That said, our overarching goals for each patient’s binge eating treatment program focus on a common set of imperatives that each patient arrives at in their own unique way. These include:
- Ensure the patient is medically stabilized, at a weight level that’s medically appropriate; provide any necessary detoxification under careful medical supervision
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan with input from our multidisciplinary team as well as the patient and family members.
- Work with the patient to detect and deal with any psychiatric illness and psychological challenges associated with the binge eating or co-occurring disorder(s).
- Focus on behaviors and thinking processes that impede progress toward lasting recovery.
- Proactively prepare each patient with comprehensive aftercare plans that reduce the chance of relapse.
Treatment for Binge Eating
Under our comprehensive continuum of care at Rosewood, patients can easily enter our program at any point in their own process of recovery. As the patient continues on their path to recovery, their personalized binge eating treatment program evolves accordingly. To accomplish this flexibility, we use a variety of elements, applying each one in ways that promote each patient’s recovery. All Rosewood locations offer:
- Therapies that are evidence-based and clinically proven to be effective
- A personalized approach that brings together a multidisciplinary team of experts
- Treatment modalities that are traditional, experiential and innovative and effective
- Seamless and flexible continuum of care
Levels of Care for Binge Eating Disorder Treatment
At Rosewood, our patients enter treatment at the appropriate level of care that is required for their specific situation. This determination is generally based on medical complications, acuity of the eating disorder and results of the patient’s evaluations. As patients move along the path of recovery, they can step-down among the levels of care within our comprehensive services:
We are here to help you.Call (928) 668-0906
Who is Mainly Affected by Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating disorder is the most common eating disorder in the United States. It affects women slightly more often than man—based on estimates indicating that 60% of people suffering from the disorder are women and 40% are men. It is a common misconception that only women suffer from eating disorders. For women, binge eating is common in early adulthood, while for men it usually occurs in midlife. Binge eating is strongly correlated with psychological conditions such as depression and anxiety. Many struggling with the disorder also suffer mental and emotional health issues. People across all cultural backgrounds can be affected by this disorder.
I will always be grateful to Rosewood!Read more testimonials
Is Binge Eating Disorder a Problem for You or Someone You Love?
Find out and take action. Rosewood offers proven treatment programs that work. Here are some next steps:
- Take our free online Binge Eating Disorder Assessment in complete confidence. One of our trained specialists will call you back with results.
- Call us now at (800) 845-2211 – especially if symptoms are severe. Compassionate specialists are available 24/7 to answer your questions.