Rosewood Provides Acute Eating Disorder Care
Eating disorders can severely damage people’s vital organs and systems. While most patients are medically stable when they arrive for treatment, many are not. In fact, some patients arrive in critical condition. For patients arriving with severe illness, malnourishment and dehydration, Rosewood Ranch is able to provide acute care services. Our medical team, led by Dr. Amelia Davis, a leading expert in hospital care for severely complex eating disorder patients, seeks first to stabilize the patient and restore fluid balance and minimum body weight. We can also manage medically supervised detoxification if necessary. Once the patient is medically stabilized, we will assess and determine the most appropriate level of care. We also have a seamless working relationship with surrounding medical hospitals in case patients need more medical attention than we can provide. Rosewood Ranch’s inpatient eating disorder treatment critical care professionals are key members of our ongoing medical team—not part-time clinicians with permanent jobs somewhere else. Our world-class medical staff, along with our unique care facilities, make Rosewood Ranch an ideal choice for eating disorder patients who are too medically compromised to be accepted into less comprehensive inpatient facilities.
Our Acute Care Inpatient Eating Disorder Treatment Facility is Ideal for:
- Males and females, age 12 and older, with severe anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder and other eating disorders
- Patients at less than 70% of their ideal body weight
- Patients with severe electrolyte or fluid problems
- Patients who require nasogastric or PEG feeding
- Patients whose conditions precludes care in a traditional inpatient eating disorder center
Acute Care Includes:
- 24-hour medical supervision
- Ability to stabilize and treat extreme cases
- Integrated addictions track
- Comprehensive nutrition program
- Trauma recovery work
- Body Image programming
- Expressive arts programming
- Intensive 5-day Family Program
- Full-time, on-site psychiatrists
- Individual sessions with multidisciplinary team members
- Daily schedule that includes process groups, experiential activities and psycho-educational programming, alumni support program and aftercare follow-up
Comprehensive Inpatient Services from our Multidisciplinary Care Team
We provide comprehensive treatment offered by dedicated and caring professionals who work together on all aspects of our residents’ care. In addition to our licensed medical staff, our multidisciplinary team of experts includes psychiatrists, physicians, masters level therapists, registered dietitians and nursing staff. Meeting several times throughout the week, the team creates and reviews each resident’s personalized treatment plan, which is based on a series of medical, psychiatric, psychological and nutrition assessments.
Other Levels of Care Available at Rosewood:
Residential Treatment Program: For residents who are medically stable, but still need support staff available 24-hours a day. Available at Rosewood Ranch. Extended Day Treatment Program: 11-hour individualized treatment for eating disorder patients with severely impaired functioning. Available at Rosewood Ranch only. Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): Similar to our inpatient program, but in a less structured setting, so residents can practice real life skills. Serves as either an entry point or as a step down from a more intensive program. Available at Rosewood Capri, Rosewood Ranch. Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Provides a step-up in support for individuals struggling with their eating disorder symptoms or a step-down for those transitioning from a higher level of care. Available at Rosewood Tempe, Rosewood Ranch. Transitional Living Program: Available at our nearby Capri campus, this balanced residential program provides resources that help patients rediscover their independence as they re-enter society. Available at Rosewood Capri, Rosewood Ranch.
I have seen the most surprising transformation in myself.