Autumn is in full swing. Celebrate the flavors of the season with this delicious toasted sandwich.
- 3 whole wheat ciabatta rolls, halved horizontally, or 6 1/2-inch-thick slices country-style bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons apple butter
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 pounds Black Forest ham, thinly sliced (you can sub thinly sliced roast turkey)
- 12 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- Brush cut side of ciabatta rolls with oil. Place rolls, cut side up, on baking sheet. Broil until rolls begin to brown around edges, about 2 minutes.
- Spread apple butter and mustard on each roll half. Top with ham, then cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts and begins to brown in spots, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
This recipe is brought to you by Rachel Tribby, Executive Le Cordon Bleu Chef, Rosewood Ranch.