It’s strawberry season! This salad is perfect for a light lunch served with whole wheat pita bread or a great addition to a picnic.
- ½ c slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ t honey
- ½ t Dijon mustard
- 2 T raspberry vinegar (can sub and use all balsamic vinegar)
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T brown sugar
- ½ c olive oil
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and torn (Any salad green makes a lovely alternative – spinach, spring greens, kale, etc. Go with your favorite!)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- ½ c crumbled feta cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the almonds, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- In a bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the toasted almonds, romaine lettuce, strawberries, and feta cheese. Cover with the dressing mixture, and toss to serve. ENJOY!