Skip to content
Use These Tips to Have a Succesful and Happy Holiday Season!
- Treat every day as if it were any other day
- Eat Breakfast!
- Follow your meal plan if you do not feel comfortable practicing mindful eating. Holidays can be a great time to be flexible.
- Avoid black and white thinking and good/bad food.
- Remember that all food fits.
- Set boundaries with family and friends.
- Focus on the meaning of the holiday rather than the food.
- Try a new tradition to make memories.
- Giving back to the community can bring a sense of gratitude.
- Reach out for support.
- Use coping skills and reach out to a trusted family member, friend, or treatment provider when urges arise
- Practice self-care.
- Be prepared and have a plan in place. Don’t wing it!
- Have fun!
- Avoid over-stressing or overbooking yourself. Decide which activities or events you really want to attend and cut down on unnecessary obligations.