With the increased information and questions circulating about
COVID-19 (previously referred to as the Novel Coronavirus), we want to provide
updated information and recommendations that we received from state and federal health agencies, as well as
recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health
Organization (WHO), to ensure that we have the most up-to-date information to
guide our policies and procedures.
It is important to know we do not have any reports of any patients with COVID-19. Should there be an impact to our patients or families, Rosewood will send out communications to patients, families and employees as soon as possible.
This is what Rosewood is doing:
- All Rosewood staff have been trained on transmission, recognition, and treatment of this virus. Rosewood has medical staff with 24-hour nursing at both our adult and adolescent units. The Medical Director, Director of Nursing and VP gets a first-hand report on the health of our patients and employees. They will continue to monitor patients closely.
- COVID-19 Rosewood protocols based on CDC, WHO, and Arizona Department of Health State guidelines have been provided to all staff and patients.
- Our facility is fully stocked with the proper PPE supplies.
- Housekeeping staff have been directed to pay extra attention to cleaning “high touch” areas, such as doorknobs and handles. Consistent and thorough sanitary and hygiene practices by staff and patients are mandatory.
- We have implemented a fever protocol for all staff and patients. Patients have their temperature taken multiple times a day, and staff’s temperature are taken before every shift. Staff and patients received a fact sheet and “what to do when I get sick” informational sheet. Staff absences with regard to illnesses are tracked and medical clearance is necessary before returning to work.
- Social distancing measures have been implemented wherever possible. For instance, all staff and treatment team meetings are now conducted in a virtual format.
- Our intake staff will be screening potential admissions and including questions regarding recent illness, exposure risks and travel outside the US. We are working to limit air travel for new admissions. If possible, the transportation team will be picking patients up within a 12-hour radius. Transportation staff utilize precaution protocols.
- If we suspect a patient is positive for COVID-19, we will initiate our COVID-19 emergency management plan. This is a step-by-step protocol in which the exposed patient will be isolated and will be treated with a medical team. Arizona Department of Health and Safety will be contacted, and steps will be followed per their recommendations.
- Adult and adolescent patients will no longer have visitors during this time of treatment at Rosewood. At this time, we have suspended family workshop to limit exposure and risk. We understand that family support is essential in the recovery process, we have expanded electronics hours on the weekends so that families can call, text, FaceTime with their loved ones. We will be conducting Skype or Zoom sessions for family therapy.
- Outside appointments / community meetings for patients are cancelled unless it’s an emergency.
- There has been a restriction on employee business travel, as well as attending business community events to reduce exposure and comply with social distancing. Staff will need to be quarantined for 14 days if engaged in personal travel.
Our leadership team and staff continue to work together to ensure safety measures are in place and are well prepared to respond to any needs. We assure you that patient and staff safety is our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at 928-684-9594. Thank you.
Dena Cabrera, Psy.D., CEDS
VP of Clinical Services